- About Club
- Club Activities
- Supporting our Community
- Investing in Young People
- Helping Internationally
- Whats On
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Sittingbourne Invicta 10K Race
Our 6th Sittingbourne Invicta 10K Race starts from Westlands School at 11.00am on Sunday 15th May 2016.
Vehicular access and parking will be via Westlands Avenue, Sittingbourne, ME10 1PF (just off the A2 - see Map).
Listed in Runner's World, this race is approved by UK Athletics.
Comment from 2014 on Runners World
Great 10K race not too hilly, but ideal for beginners and those wanting a personal best. The goody bag was great; medal, banana, water, whole packet of digestives and a large packet of jelly babies - how generous. Parking was great and so was the atmosphere and organization. Well done
All runners start from the Westlands School playing fields at 11.00am.
A pre-registration fee of £12 for affiliated runners and £14 for non-affiliated runners of the 10K race must accompany each entry form. Race numbers will be issued on the day so no SAE required.
On the day registrations will open at 08.45am and close at 10.15am. The registration fee will be £14 for affiliated runners and £16 for non-affiliated runners.
The route will follow rural roads through the delightful undulating Kent countryside. The race starts on the school playing field and then follows country roads along a measured route before returning to the school. There's just one short stretch of off-road running where some caution is required
Each runner completing the race will receive an event medal and a "goody bag". There will also be trophies for male/female winners.
- A minimum age of 16 years on the day of the race applies
- Maximum entry is 500 runners
- An official race number will be assigned to each runner on the day
- Chip timing will be used by each runner
- Food/drinks will be available on the school playing fields on the day
Times to Beat
- Best Male - Ben Tyler of Medway & Maidstone in 33m 21s (May 2014)
- Best Female - Liz Weeks of Sittingbourne Striders in 37 min 17 sec (May 2013)
We will also be holding a Sittingbourne Invicta 2K Race.
We are now taking entries for this race. To secure a place in the 10K race you can;
- register and pay online through the Runner's World website or
- download an entry form here - postal entries to be sent to David Brown, 123 Borden Lane, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 1BX.
The closing date for all pre-registration entries is Friday 6th May 2016. You can still enter on the day between 08.45am and 10:15am.
This will be a fund-raising event for our Community Chest (in 2015 we helped 22 local clubs/groups).
Our first five 10K races have so far raised £33,300 for various charities.